Sunday, February 27, 2005

LIVERPOOL for the CUP



I came in to work today wearing my red liverpool top.

The office of 'The most prestigious international business magazine', where you only see people in Armani suits wearing Prada ties. And its not like in England where people recognise your club shirts. Here, its just a 'red t-shirt' with a 'beer company's logo on it'.

Needless to say I've been getting weird looks all day. The boss has had a word, very casually without making it sound like it was a big deal but still. I just think this is discrimination. I'm only supporting my club for gods sakes! Afterall the are playing a CUP FINAL today!

But to them its just a 'bright red t-shirt' that violates the dress code.

Anyways, fuck it. I'm headin off to the pub in an hour with my mate who supports Chelski. Who ever wins will be paying for dinner later tonight. I've been saying to him all week that Liverpool are gonna kick Chelski's butt 5-0.

Lets hope that happens!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Dan said...

Aww... thx - didn't know u watch footy too.

Chelsea were just lucky. I feel sorry for stevie g though, he must be gutted. How badly he wanted to lift a cup as the captain of the club he's played for since he was 8 - and he actually ends up scoring an own goal, reason they eventually lost!

Don't worry Gerrard, You'll NEVER Walk Alone mate!

00:17  
Blogger Umema Siddiqi said...

Not much into this fottball stuff, but Ive heard a lot about Liverpool. They say its good, but it lost the match. Strange!
Better luck next time Dane-ish ;)

Cheerio =)

00:40  
Blogger red one said...

they didn't like your Liverpool top at work? Let me get this straight: the ECONOMIST didn't like a RED top with WHITE WRITING on it....?

Well, I look forward to seeing the mag with a new grey pinstripe masthead next week, in line with their new design sense. And grey pinstriped advertising hoardings as well. ;-)

01:23  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

lol im hearin u on that redone, its just the arabs and yanks that i work with who aint got a clue.

01:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com