Thursday, May 19, 2005

Goodbye Vladimir, You'll Never Walk Alone



After six years at Anfield, Vladimir Smicer has been handed his P45. His contract won't be renewed at the end of the season.

"Liverpool is one of the biggest and best clubs in the world so I'm sorry to be leaving. I was sad I didn't get the chance to play for the final time at Anfield, but perhaps I will be back next season with a different club. I would like to stay here because, for me, the Premiership is the best league in the world."

"Now I'd just like to say goodbye to everyone at Liverpool and say how proud I am to have been at the club. A victory next week will be the best way to go."

Its sad to see someone go when their heart is still very much in the club. I wasn't too happy when Danny Murphy left last year. Michael Owen has never disguised where his heart really is. He always has something to say after every Liverpool game, as if he's still playing for us! Can you imagine how he feels right now though, after leaving the club in search of trophies and medals only to warm the bench (most of the time) at Real while his old mates are in the CL final.

Commitment has never been a problem with Smicer. Maybe he just wasn't good enough? Or maybe he is right, it was down to injuries.

3 Comments:

Blogger Micah Seymour said...

Inform a Yank. What's a P45?

19:32  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

Death Warrant. Well not really, but its a form handed out to an employee when he's fired basically.

13:27  
Blogger Micah Seymour said...

Ah ok, we call them pink slips. (Though the only time that I was ever canned it was blue;) Thanks.

22:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com