Sunday, November 27, 2005

I felt it too

Okay so I'm sitting on me desk pretending to work, when I feel the sudden urge to blow me nose into a tissue, thanks to the flu I've had for the past coupladays, and as soon as I blew my nose I could feel my body starting to shake, very lightly, sideways...
At first I thought maybe I blew me nose too hard and its affected me brain. Until I saw my work colleagues all of them looking blankly at each other, wondering what had just happened.
Well, as it turns out, I just experienced my first ever earthquake.
No reports of any damage so far but there were people in the streets immediately afterwards as a few ambulances sped past.

'Several die' in south Iran quake

A powerful earthquake has hit southern Iran, destroying several villages and killing at least three people and injuring others, according to reports.

The 5.9-magnitude quake struck Qeshm island, home to 120,000 people, and the city of Bandar Abbas, state media said.

The governor of Qeshm island told the AFP news agency four villages had been destroyed and three people killed.

The quake, which struck at 1353 (1023 GMT), was felt in the neighbouring Gulf states of Oman and the UAE.

Iran sits in a volatile earthquake region, and is regularly struck by damaging quakes.

A 6.4-magnitude quake hit the town of Zarand in Kerman province in February, killing hundreds of people and injuring more than 1,400.

The ancient city of Bam was destroyed in December 2003 by a 6.7-strength earthquake that killed some 31,000 people. Source: BBC

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

earthquake in dubai? or just the tremors from the one in China?

15:43  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

It was a 6.1 centered in IRan that shook Dubai as well! I'm back in the office now, its been okay for the past half an hour-ish.

15:51  
Blogger BaptizedLucifer said...

my first one too! yeay! :-/

17:30  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

thats strange. 5 minutes ago I was trying to leave a comment on your blog, wondering how you were since its been a while since you've been online.

Glad to know you're okay

13:01  
Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

...and now you've disappeared!

20:50  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

eh? I aint disappeared nowhere hun

22:52  
Blogger sarah (tales of ordinary madness) said...

must be a cache thing - it did not show me any of the above posts from my office pc for the last three days! i just saw them now, coz i'm checking from home.

really weird.

17:26  
Blogger SR said...

god- hope ur ok.

10:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com