Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Jamie C Interview



As Liverpool celebrate reaching the Club World Championship final, Jamie Carragher hands out his awards for the best and worst achievements amongst his team-mates so far this season. Didi Hamann may want to look away now.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON SO FAR

"Besides me, you mean? Only joking! There's probably a few who stick out and I'd include Stevie, Sami and Momo in that list. Momo has done well since he's come in, Stevie has scored a lot of goals and Sami has been superb since the start of the season. I also think the goalkeeper Pepe Reina has been great too. We have kept it tight at the back and they deserve a lot of credit.
YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON SO FAR

"I think you would have to class Sissoko as a young lad as he's only 20. Sometimes when you buy players, as a team mate you don't realise how young they are. He is probably two or three years younger than Stephen Warnock and you still consider Steve as a young player so I would have to say Sissoko."

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE SEASON SO FAR

"I don't like to answer that one because it makes out that they weren't too good last year!"

BEST MATE AT LIVERPOOL

I've probably got two - Steven Gerrard and Didi Hamann. Me and Stevie have been here a long time me and as local lads, we have got a lot of things in common. I have a great bond with Didi as well though. He's been here a long time and we have a good laugh with Didi. Everyone knows what he's like, he's a great character and we bounce off each other. In fact, he's practically a Scouser now so I probably should have said that, the three local lads!"

WORST DRESSER AT LIVERPOOL

"The worst is Didi without a doubt!"

BEST DRESSER AT LIVERPOOL

"I'd probably say the best is Steven Gerrard, alongside me of course."

WORST MUSIC TASTE AT LIVERPOOL

The worst is Cisse, definitely. Some of the stuff he puts on I've never heard anything like it in my life!

BEST MUSIC TASTE AT LIVERPOOL

"The best would have to be myself because you always like your own music, don't you? I like Oasis and that sort of thing."

BIGGEST JOKER AT LIVERPOOL

"Didi Hamann, he's the character in the team."

HARDEST PLAYER AT LIVERPOOL

"That's a hard one because we're a team of lightweights! I think Igor Biscan would have taken some stopping last year but Reina's a big lad, so I'll go for him."

VAINEST PLAYER AT LIVERPOOL

Zak Whitbread. I know he's gone to Millwall on loan but he loves himself and he's always in the mirror putting gel on his hair. I've told him you can't be a centre-half and put gel on your hair in the mirror. He's got to toughen up and stop that nonsense!"

MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE PLAYER ABOUT LFC

"Me. Who would be a close second in a quiz? I don't know as they are all foreigners and probably wouldn't know that much. It would be Steven Gerrard, I'd think."

LEAST KNOWLEDGEABLE PLAYER ABOUT LFC

"Well, Sheree Murphy says Harry Kewell doesn't watch football so maybe it's him!"

BEST TRAINER AT LIVERPOOL

"Me! I work hard but watching Steven Gerrard in training is something else. His ability and some of the things he does takes your breath away at times. I would have to say Steven."

WORST TRAINER AT LIVERPOOL

"Didi! He's a joke. He shouldn't be at the club, should he?"

BEST PLAYER TO ROOM WITH

"I roomed with Michael Owen for a long time but the manager changes it around now with different players sharing for different games. The idea is we get to know each other a lot better by spending time together and the boss likes players who play alongside each other to spend time talking about the team and how we're performing. Sami's a good person to room with – I've certainly roomed with far worse people!"

FIRST PLAYER TO BE PICKED IN 5-A-SIDE

"It would have to be Stevie. He is probably the most technical and best player we've got so everyone wants him on their side."

BEST HAIRCUT AT LIVERPOOL

"Mine.

WORST HAIRCUT AT LIVERPOOL

"Harry Kewell's takes some beating at the moment, doesn't it? Has he had much stick for it in the dressing room? Just a little bit!"

BEST DANCER AT LIVERPOOL

"Florent Sinama-Pongolle. He does a bit at the Christmas party, especially when all the girls are there watching. All the girls love him but when he starts with his moves, you have to leave the dancefloor!"

WORST DANCER AT LIVERPOOL

"Well, I haven't seen Crouchie dance yet but I can't see him being very good. For the size of him, he can't have any moves, can he?"

2 Comments:

Blogger loveuamy said...

i like this awards too!!
especially -
"Didi! He's a joke. He shouldn't be at the club, should he?"

lol

21:47  
Anonymous Virgil said...

Quite worthwhile piece of writing, lots of thanks for the article.
free gay videos | lesbian magazine | maps of the USA

16:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com