Thursday, January 12, 2006

King Kong



I'm not really into movies with giant apes and dinosaurs. I usually prefer gangster flicks, war movies, movies with boobs in'em or atleast fast cars going really really fast. It was only by a stroke of luck that I found myself in the theater watching none other than KING KONG, one of the most ludicrous premises ever filmed. What I saw however, was probably the best 3 hours of my lifelong cinematic experiences.

I'm not going to go on about the story, as you'll find it in the millions of reviews on the interweb. The reason I'm writing about this is to get YOU out of your armchairs and watch this movie in the theaters. DVD will not do justice to the brilliance of this movie.

The dinosaurs are bigger and better than Jurassic Park, and they blend in much better. The digital Kong delivers more emotion than 80 percent of the real actors employed today. You'll feel sorry for him at the end and angry at human nature that is always wanting to destroy what it doesnt understand.

The empire state building sequence towards the end is simply breathtaking. I have a slight fear of heights (despite having a few flying hours under my belt) and watching Kong on top of the building, when you could see the rest of New York down below, made me feel really uneasy in my seat. It was as if Peter Jackson had taken you to 1250ft above ground and you were watching it all from up there. Never felt anything like it before.

Peter Jackson has created a master-piece.


Production Photos

4 Comments:

Blogger loveuamy said...

i hate those disgusting, big, creepy insect on the island!!! i even closed my eyes! if i were them, i would rather kill myself in the first place....

i've never been so afraid in the cinema.....really. it's surely a sucessful film to freak me out..

17:35  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

oh god those were horrible. Couldn't look at them either.

17:45  
Blogger Sarah said...

oh, i really have to see this movie. and i like creepy animals in the cinema. have to see this flick after the exams for sure!

05:06  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

did u watch it yet?

16:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com