Monday, August 07, 2006

In his own words...



The thirteenth of May 2006 was a good day at the office, a day to tell my children about as they grow older. 'This is my FA Cup final,' I told myself as Liverpool's coach inched through the raucous crowd and into the fantastic Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. 'This is my moment.' I was Liverpool's leader, settled at the club I love. I was in the prime of my life, settled with the woman I love. I had the respect of my peers, having just been named the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year – an unbelievable honour. Christ, I was ready for the 125th FA Cup final. My stage, my time. In the build-up to the clash with West Ham United, I played the match through in my head at least three times. I used up a lot of energy thinking about every possibility, reminding myself constantly of the need to take responsibility, to seize the moment. Liverpool expected me to deliver. So did I. As I laced my boots, I looked at the name stitched into the tongue: Lily-Ella. Come on, this final's for her. Let's go to work. Continue Reading 'The Gerrard Final' in Steven Gerrard's own words...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com