Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Michael Owen at the Bernabeau last night

Former Reds favourite Michael Owen, a substitute who came on late for Ronaldo tonight in Real Madrid's 1-0 win over Juventus, was delighted by news of Liverpool's win.

Asked on Sky Sports Xtra whether he thought Liverpool would now go on to the last eight, he said: ``You would hope so, wouldn't you.

``They have a scoreboard here (at the Bernabeu) and there's me sitting on the bench for the majority of the game, and I kept seeing Liverpool score another goal and another goal.

``I take it Leverkusen scored quite late on. I remember it being 3-0 and then I found out just after the game that it was 3-1.

``Unfortunately they've managed to nick one late on against my old team, but they've got to be in the driving seat, but they'll probably be kicking themselves for conceding that late goal.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com