Monday, February 21, 2005

When moderates switch


Flipping through the pages of the latest issue of TIME last night in the comfort of my room, I came across this article on the tactics used by interrogators at Gitmo. As I began reading it, I could feel the hair rising at the back of my neck, my eyes started burning, I could feel the temperature rising around me. I've felt that a few times in the last year or so. Wished that I could somehow go and join the fight. The fight against terror and the biggest terrorist in the world.

United States of America.

Read the article and you'll know why.

I've calmed down now. But I'm still a bit worried. All of that, coming from a 'moderate' muslim, is scary. I'm no extremist, not at all. I struggle to join friday prayers once a week, I haven't touched the Koran in years, I'm just like most of you lot actually. I'm at the pub whenever Liverpool is playing. Alcohol is forbidden in Islam, but thats never stopped me. I've done cannabis, charlie, skunk, acid, E, you name it. I've been involved in business with a lapdancing club in West London (got some special treats along the way). Infact, without trying to sound arrogant, I've gone as far as most of people my age can only dream about. And it aint like I have changed or anything, I'm still like that, I still like indulging myself in all of the above whenever I get a chance to.

When 'moderate' muslims have started feeling so PISSED OFF (understatement actually), imagine what those with extreme views would be feeling. If I felt like I should get up and try and do something about it, there will be hundreds of extremists who have already gotten up and joined the ranks. And will continue to do so.

'The interrogator shed the top of her camouflage battle-dress uniform, revealing a tight Army T shirt.

The prisoner looked away.

She rubbed her breasts against his back, taunting him about his erection. She stood in front of him touching her breasts.

He spit in her face.

During another break, the interrogator said she wanted to shame the devout Muslim captive in order to break his connection with God, which was giving him the strength to stonewall.

After asking advice from a different translator, this one a Muslim, she went into the bathroom, taking a red marker with her. When she and the first translator re-entered the interrogation booth, she told the detainee she was having her period. She stuck her hands in her pants, then withdrew a hand and showed the detainee what appeared to be blood on it.

She asked again who had sent him to Arizona, and he glared at her silently. When she wiped the red ink on his face, he let out a shout, spit at her and lunged forward so forcefully that an ankle came loose from its shackle.

The Saudi began sobbing uncontrollably, and the interrogator left, telling him the water in his cell had been shut off. He would not be able to wash, as Muslims are supposed to do before they pray.' (Read the complete Article on TIME.com)

Imagine what the Saudi would've been going through. Someone who's been locked up, chained and tortured inhumanely for 3 years, who doesn't know what the fucks going on in the world, how his family is, how his friends are. His only source of information is the Americans. He'll eventually believe whatever they tell him and its not by choice, its a lack of options. He doesn't know if he'll ever get to see his loved ones again. He doesn't know if he'll ever spend a normal life again.

And on top of that, theres a slut trying to get u hard and insulting you and your religion. You'd normally either give her one or in this guy's case, give her a piece of your mind. But when you're chained up, you'll feel completely helpless. That, is what broke him down and he started sobbing uncontrollably. It takes a lot to make a grown up man cry like a baby, specially in front of a woman.

He'll probably die eventually in Gitmo, or even if he's released, his life would never be the same again. Never.

All the US will have succeeded in, is creating many more extremists who are ready to take up arms against America.

It's gonna be a bloody long fight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a 'moderate' Muslim myself and I could really relate to how you're feeling. It is a crazy world we're living in and we can always thank the U.S of A for the unpleasant feelings we have that we prefer not to have any idea of at all.

22:47  
Anonymous Jedidiah said...

In my opinion one and all should browse on it.
saguenay-lac-saint-jean

21:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com