Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Random Thoughts



There's nothing I hate more than getting up in the morning to go to work. I have to be in at work at 9 (its a 5 minute walk!) and yet I set up my alarm for 6:30 and then keep it on snooze for the next 2 hours. Where would we be without snooze.

Last night when I went to bed, Nabz, my flatmate was watching Lord of The Rings, The Fellowship of the ring.

When I woke up, he was still up watching the third LOTR movie (whatever its called). I didn't think it was physically possible to watch 9 hours of Hobbitses in one go. Turns out he'd called in sick for the third day in a row. Reason: Same as mine. Hates getting out of bed in the morning.

But then again he's got more serious problems than mine. He's just recently broken up with his girlfriend of 7 years whom he absolutely adored for reasons unknown. He's a top bloke and always fun to hang around with, but it's been a month now and he's been really quiet since and turned insomniac. I know how I should be supportive to him and try and share his pain but I've been through situations myself and the best thing to do is wait... It's not wise to worry that you still miss your ex too much and if you're ever gonna get over it - It takes time. So wait... Time is the best healer.
What do you do to help yourself get over a breakup?

10 Comments:

Blogger Phoenixwaller said...

To get over a breakup I suggest doing something new. When My bf of 6 years broke up with me I started going to social dances. Now I have more confidence and am in better shape than before he broke up with me.All yu can ever do though is move on.

00:20  
Blogger stc said...

"What do you do to help yourself get over a breakup?" The only thing I think anyone can do is just get on with his life.

Your advice — "the best thing to do is wait" — is correct to a point. The pain will diminish with the passage of time. So your friend likely can't get over it today, or tomorrow. It takes a while, especially if the relationship lasted 7 years! At some point in the indeterminate future, he'll discover that he's over it. But for now he's stuck waiting for that day to come.

But when people stop living their lives they only make things worse. To stop going to work, for example: to watch TV all night while other people are sleeping and sleep all day while other people are awake — does not promote healing. Rather the reverse.

It is important to the human psyche to go to bed at a reasonable hour, get up at a reasonable hour, dress in something other than pajamas, do some work, and socialize.

So "wait" is good advice. But, while you're waiting, don't stop living. That path leads to depression.
Q

00:30  
Blogger Samantha said...

After a month of watching a good friend slowly sink lower, I would take him out and keep him involved in activities with people. You're right in that he will just have to wait patiently for everything else to work itself out. For me, I write and I think and I do things to make my friends think I'm moving on and in the end, I start to move on.

08:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:01  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

Thanks everyone for yer comments - I'll actually print this off and show Nabz.

Q I do agree with you, that is what I meant when I said 'wait'. I believe it really helps if you carry on with your life and keep yourself busy. a blank mind invites depression. Get yerself a hobby, read books, go out, meet new people, etc. What is worrying though and we've all been there, when we wake up one day and look at things and realise we still aren't over it, and start getting worried and depressed. This is what I've warned him against. Its quite normal to feel that way, infact, one should expect themselves to feel that way rather than trying to convince yourself that your ex doesn't matter anymore, cuz there will be times you will miss her and it'll have a negative impact on your belief that one day you'll be over it.

So, carry on as normal, get yourself busy, expect it to hurt and cry if you have to occasionally, learn to enjoy the pain and like all good things, it will come to an end sooner rather than later.

And oh, it really helps if you chuck their stuff out of the window, any physical thing that reminds you of the past, and not keep in touch either as friend or stalker.

10:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck him

23:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and fuck the rest 2

23:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and the best way to release his pressures is through make urself fucked by ur friend

23:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

23:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best thing to do after a break up is take the cheapest biggest bottle of wine and drink it all then run around in a toga. Thats how I met my next girlfriend. But she broke up with me also. Sigh...

05:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com