Sunday, December 25, 2005

Rafa: My Christmas message to fans



Wherever in the world you're reading this, I'd like to take a small moment out of your Christmas Day to wish all our supporters around the globe all the best for the festive period.

I'd heard a lot about the amazing reputation of the Liverpool supporters even before I joined the club last summer and this year you've proved to me, my staff and the players just why you're held in such high regard around the world.

It's been an incredible year - we've had some bad days but the great days and nights like the victories over Olympiacos, Juventus, Chelsea and, of course, the final in Istanbul are the memories I'll take from 2005.

The scenes at Anfield when we beat Olympiacos and then Chelsea to reach the final are very hard for me to put into words. My English is improving all the time but even I find it hard to describe the emotions that you fans brought out in me on those nights.

Even at half-time in Istanbul, you never gave up on us and that is why I always say that the win over AC Milan is as much down to you as it was the players and staff at pitch level.

I have always believed that success only comes to those who work as a team and at Liverpool I believe the fans are very much part of our team. The joy on the faces of the fans when we toured the city on the open top bus after arriving back from Turkey will live with me, my staff and the players for the rest of our lives.

Lifting the European Cup has only made me more hungry for success at Liverpool. I want to see the same look on the faces of the fans again next year and I can promise everyone reading this that we will work harder than ever to bring back even more silverware to Anfield.

Thank you for you support in 2005. Let's make 2006 even better still.

Happy Christmas,

Rafa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com