Monday, December 26, 2005

Best Sports Quotes of 2005



I've not been to bed yet. Behind these sunglasses there's a thousand stories.
Freddie Flintoff on the Ashes celebrations.

I've got to get through a night with Freddie Flintoff before I can think about anything else!
England captain Michael Vaughan responds to questions about the winter tour.

It was me who got the marker pen out... anyone who falls asleep on the team bus knows the dangers.
Steve Harmison explains how Freddie gained a beard, moustache and glasses - not to mention a rude word across his forehead - when he got off the England coach after the celebrations.

I'm going to say hello to two friends who I've shut out of my life for the past 10 weeks, while I trained the hardest I've ever done for a fight. So welcome back Mr Guinness and Mr Dom Perignon.
Ricky Hatton gets reacquainted with some old pals after his stunning defeat of Kostya Tszyu to win the IBF light-welterweight crown.

We went from looking like the Dog and Duck to Real Madrid.
Ian Holloway on the Jekyll and Hyde performance of his QPR side, who came from two down to draw with Hull.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
A classic quote from George Best, who sadly died in November.

That means I can drive a flock of sheep through the town centre, drink for free in no less than 64 pubs and get a lift home with the police when I become inebriated - what more could you want?
Freddie on what being given the freedom of his home town, Preston, means to him.

They should start the matches at 8am because then you could stay up all night!
Jimmy White with an ironic slant on early starts at the UK Championship in York after crashing out following a 10am slot.

As far as his shoulder is concerned he is going to be OK. He didn't have any trouble lifting up a can of beer anyway.
Chairman of selectors David Graveney gives Freddie Flintoff the all-clear for Old Trafford.

Is he entitled to go dance with his wife at a do? Yes he is. Does he need some help with his dance moves? Obviously he does. We will do some more movement to music in training.
Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie defends striker Andrew Johnson after tabloid photographers snap him on a night out.

If people come to your window and talk to your wife every night, you can't accept it without asking what is happening. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on the alleged tapping-up of Ashley Cole by Chelsea.

The only threats I've had this week have been from the wife for not doing the washing up.
Southampton boss Harry Redknapp when asked if he had received any threats in the build-up to the derby clash with his former club Portsmouth.

How can you tell your wife you are just popping out to play a match and then not come back for five days?
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez ponders the mysteries of Test cricket.

I've walked into restaurants with my wife to the roar of 'Psycho! Psycho!' - they expect me to respond with a two-fisted salute, but I just put my head down in embarrassment and walk past.
Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce is trying to leave his past behind him.

I had a commitment to his mum that his face would not get changed, so that was the only disappointing element for me.
Great Britain coach Brian Noble on the nose injury suffered by scrum-half Paul Deacon in the win over New Zealand.

My mother told me there would be days like these. She just didn't tell me when and how many.
Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy after his side conceded a 94th-minute equaliser to West Brom when on the verge of their elusive first victory in the Premiership this season.

I really like her family - they are all pretty cool. Let's be fair, it's not bad that they own a pub either!
Rugby ace Gavin Henson on life with Charlotte Church.

This one's for Victoria Beckham - we've heard she likes a drink.
Welsh rappers Goldie Lookin Chain dedicate new single Your Missus Is A Nutter to Posh Spice before the Wales-England game in Cardiff.

If she needs me to string a few guitars, I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help. Why not go hanging on a rock 'n' roll tour for a while, drink beer and have fun?
Lance Armstrong retires after his seventh straight Tour de France win and looks forward to hanging around with rock star girlfriend Sheryl Crow.

He has said he will quit but, listen, I said I loved my wife when I left her this morning. Things change.
Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd correctly predicts Alan Shearer will reverse his decision to retire.

One of the reasons I like to do well here is because I know I will talk to you afterwards. I have a bit of a crush on you.
Andy Roddick chats up Sue Barker after winning his third successive Queen's title.

You have made my day, you have made my year...I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind!
Sue laps up the attention.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lewis said...

It cannot truly have success, I believe so.
Arts | Ecuador map | Seder Plate

19:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home

English Blogs.
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Blogwise - blog 

directory
Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
British Blogs.
Blog Directory & 

Search engine


Free Web Site Counter
Site Counter

Blogarama - The Blog Directory eXTReMe Tracker  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com